GAVISCON Original Bottle 150ml
Gaviscon works by forming a raft over the stomach contents which help prevents acid coming back up into the oesophagus (food pipe), effectively relieving heartburn symptoms.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is alginate?
Alginate is a component extracted from brown seaweed.
2. What is an antacid?
A type of medicine that is alkaline in nature and works by neutralising excess acid.
3. Is Gaviscon suitable for use during pregnancy?
Gaviscon is highly effective and suitable to use during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding. This is because they act physically rather than entering the bloodstream.
4. Is Gaviscon suitable for children?
Gaviscon is suitable for adult and children over the 12 years.
5. What is Gastro-oesophageal reflux?
Movement of stomach acid back up into the oesophagus.
6. What is Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD)?
It is a condition caused by gastro-oesophageal reflux (also known as GERD - utilising the American spelling 'esophagus'). Symptoms include those of heartburn and regurgitation. It is often associated with weakening of the muscle which controls entry of food into the stomach.
Sodium alginate 250mg, sodium bicarbonate 133.5mg, calcium carbonate 80mg per chewable tablet PRODUCT FEATURES:
- For fast and long lasting relief from heartburn
- Works fast and lasts up to 4 hours
- Suitable for use in pregnancy
- Non-systemic mode of action
- Available in: Gaviscon Peppermint Liquid Bottle 150ml
Place of Origin
Adult &, children
Sodium alginate 500mg, sodium bicarbonate 267mg, calcium carbonate 160mg per 10ml