REMINDER: A doctor’s prescription is required to purchase this product. To avoid delay in delivery or cancellation of your order (before the item is SHIPPED); please email a copy of your prescription (.jpeg or .pdf file format) to OnlinePharmacy@watsons.com.ph with your order number after Checkout. Our pharmacist will also get in touch with you to validate your prescription. Please be ready to show your original prescription upon claiming/delivery of your order.
Type 2 diabetes mellitus [Pioglitazone (Actos)
Tablets should be used only in patients who do not sufficiently respond to any of the following treatments and are suspected to be insulin resistant:
a. Dietary treatment and exercise therapy alone
b. Using sulfonylureas in addition to dietary treatment and/or exercise therapy
c. Using α-glucosidase inhibitors in addition to dietary treatment and/or exercise therapy
d. Using biguanides in addition to dietary treatment and/or exercise therapy
e. Using insulin preparation in addition to dietary treatment and/or exercise therapy
Place of Origin
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
1. When Pioglitazone (Actos) is used in addition to dietary treatment and/or exercise therapy alone or in combination of dietary treatment and/or exercise therapy and sulfonylureas, α-glucosidase inhibitors or biguanides. Usually, for adults, 15–30mg of pioglitazone is orally administered once a day before or after breakfast. The dosage may be appropriately adjusted according to the patient’s sex, age and symptom within the upper limit of 45mg.
2. When Pioglitazone (Actos) is used in combination of dietary treatment and/or exercise therapy and insulin preparations. Usually, for adults, 15mg of pioglitazone is orally administered once a day before or after breakfast. The dosage may be appropriately adjusted according to the patient’s sex, age and symptom within the upper limit of 30mg.
[Pioglitazone (Actos) Tablets are contraindicated in the following patients].
(1) Patients with cardiac failure or a history of cardiac failure. [In animal studies, increases in heart weight likely due to a compensatory change from an increase in the circulating plasma volume have been observed, and clinical cases of the aggravation or occurrence of cardiac failure have been reported].
(2) Patients with severe ketosis, in a state of diabetic coma or precoma, or with Type 1 diabetes mellitus [It becomes essential to quickly rectify hyperglycemia with administration of intravenous fluid or insulin.]
(3) Patient with severe hepatic dysfunction [This drug may accumulate in the body because it is mainly metabolized in the liver.]
(4) Patients with severe renal dysfunction.
(5) Patients with severe infections, before or after operation, or with severe trauma [It is desirable to control blood sugar with the injection of insulin. Therefore, administration of this drug is not appropriate.]
(6) Patients with a history of hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of this drug.
(7) Pregnant women or women having possibilities of being pregnant [See PRECAUTIONS Use during Pregnancy, Delivery or Lactation.]
1. Careful Administration [Pioglitazone (Actos) Tablets should be administered with care in the following patients.]
(1) The following patients or conditions
1) Patients with cardiac diseases such as myocardial infarction, angina pectoris, cardiomyopathy and hypertensive cardiac diseases which may cause cardiac failure [An increase in the circulating plasma volume may induce cardiac failure.] (see Important Precautions and Clinically significant adverse reactions).
2) Hepatic or renal dysfunction (see CONTRAINDICATIONS).
3) Pituitary insufficiency or adrenal insufficiency [Hypoglycemia may occur.]
4) Malnutrition, starvation, irregular food intake, deficiency of food intake, or weakness [Hypoglycemia may occur.]
5) Extreme muscle movement. [Hypoglycemia may occur.]
6) Excessive alcohol drinkers [Hypoglycemia may occur.]
7) Elderly patients (see Use in the Elderly)
(2) Patients who are receiving other anti-diabetic drugs (see Drug Interactions and Clinically significant adverse reactions).
Choose between Home Delivery or Click & Collect!
Click & Collect
·FREE with no minimum purchase requirement
·Select the Watsons store nearest you
·Pay with credit card
·Expect your orders to be ready within:
·2-5 days for NCR (excluding Sundays)
·3-7 days for rest of Luzon and Visayas (excluding Sundays)
·4-8 days for Mindanao (excluding Sundays)
·Follow the instructions in the collection email and collect at your convenience—no need to queue!