Father’s Day is right around the corner, have you decided on a present for your old man yet? Sometimes it’s nice to make Dad something special and personalized. Let’s give Dad something super cool this year with one of these DIY Father's Day gifts!
#1 DIY shaving cream
Show Dad a little love by making him a natural, non-toxic and soothing shaving cream that he can use every day, with only ingredients you probably already have at home.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup shea butter
- ¼ cup carrier oil
- Essential oils or scent your dad likes
- Melt the coconut oil, shea butter, and carrier oil together.
- Cool the mixture until it’s soft enough to be mixed.
- Use an electric mixer to whip the mixture into stiff peaks.
- Add the scents while whipping with at least 10 drops of essential oil. Stop and test it periodically to see if the smell is good.
- Store in an airtight glass container.
#2 Now-sew bow tie
Make your Dad a bow tie to make him feel extra special. This DIY no-sew bow tie will be fun to make! The best part is it takes you no more than 30 minutes.
What you need:
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Alligator clip
- Cut fabric into two 4.5 x 8” rectangles and one 1.75 x 6” rectangle.
- Fold the large rectangle over to the middle and glue. Repeat with other side.
- Fold one end to the middle and glue. Repeat with another end.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 with the second large rectangle.
- Fold the smaller rectangle lengthwise to centre and glue. Repeat with other side.
- Stack the larger rectangles on top of each other.
- Glue one end of the smaller rectangle to the bottom of the larger rectangles.
- Wrap the smaller strip around the middle of the larger rectangles.
- Glue strip on the back. Cut off extra fabric. Glue on an alligator clip. Done!
#3 Handmade leather wallet
A leather wallet that's homemade is especially nice and it’s not too hard to make at all. You will need about two square feet of material. It is possible to use any types of leather, but it is important that the leather be relatively rigid to ensure a firm wallet. For stitching, use a thread colour that is darker than your leather is usually a good start.
#4 World’s Best Dad trophy
Who's the best Dad in the world? Let Dad know he’s No. 1 with this DIY Best Dad trophy. Simply decorate a trophy with self-adhesive letters and lovely stickers. Don’t forget to fill his favourite treats for a complete gift.