Why waste your old makeup when you can repurpose it? Keep reading to learn the expiration dates for every kind of cosmetic, and interesting ways to repurpose your expired, old makeup.
Makeup expiration dates
Does makeup expire? Yes! Skin irritations such as rashes, bumps, and irritations can occur when using expired makeup products. Remember that the more moisture the product contains or the closer it comes to your eyes, the shorter its shelf life. Find out the expiration dates of every kind of makeup now.
- Mascara: 3 months
- Liquid eyeliner: 3 months
- Eye shadow: 3 – 6 months
- Concealer: 6 months – 1 year
- Foundation: 6 months – 1 year
- Lipstick: 1 year
- Loose powder: 2 years
- Blush: 2 years
Be creative and play with expired makeup that you don’t use
Ways to repurpose old makeup
Found your makeup products past their expiration date? Instead of throwing your expired makeup out, be creative and repurpose them and give them a new life.
- Combat flying hairs
- Brush your eyebrows
- Mix it with a moisturiser and make a body bronzer
- Make new nail paint by mixing with a clear nail paint
- Use as a cream blush
- Try nail art at home with it
- Use as a dry shampoo to soak up the grease